Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Because I Said So!


Just because someone says something it doesn’t make it true. Just because someone affirms a thing, it does not mean that what they have affirmed is factually provable. What it means is that they said it, and that’s it.

I am a marathon runner. I am astronaut. I am a robot sent from the future to make sure robots are not invented. See? I can say, or at least type anything I want, but it doesn’t make it true.

I am not a marathon runner, nor am I an astronaut, or a robot for that matter. Simply because I affirmed these things didn’t magically make them factual.

If I tried to run a marathon I’d likely die of a heart attack, I have vertigo so being an astronaut’s a bust as well, and as far as being a robot from the future is concerned, we will leave science fiction to the science fiction writers.

Lately I’ve been getting a lot of articles forwarded to me by believers asking my opinion, and the crux of each of these articles was that some individual or another was affirming that they were Christians and practicing homosexuals.

As I said in the beginning, just because someone says something it doesn’t make it true.

You can be a practicing homosexual, or you can be a Christian. You cannot be both simultaneously. No matter how many hissy fits men and women throw, no matter how much they stomp their feet and hold their breath and ball their fists, it will not change the factuality of this reality.

You either love your sin more than you love God, or you love God more than you love your sin. The choice must be made by every individual as to whom or what they will choose, as well as the path they will follow.

This goes for every habitual sin, it goes for every sin that men are tethered to and yes, each of these separate men from God and put up a wall.

While we’re at it, unless I missed something along the way the entire notion of homosexuality is about being sexually attracted to the same sex. Since when is lust or sexual attraction love? Have we become that jaded that we can no longer differentiate between the two? Have we become so lost in our own perversity that we can no longer distinguish between lust and love?

Perhaps the most egregious consequence of this entire drama is that we take the blood of Christ, and the fact that He hung upon a cross for the sins of mankind, and make it null. We’ve done away with the notion of ‘go and sin no more’ and even have the temerity to say sin isn’t sin simply because we’ve decided it isn’t.

I’ve said this often enough but it bears repeating, if there were any other way for man to be reconciled unto God than through the shed blood of Christ, God would have employed that way. Sin is death, and the unrepentant man is dead in his sin until through repentance Christ breathes life into him and he is regenerated.

How much do you have to hate someone not to tell them about repentance and the consequences of refusing to turn from one’s sinful ways? How much do you have to hate someone to withhold the truth of Scripture from them attempting to placate them, and tell them they can use the carpool lane to heaven with their sin in tow? Yet, rather than being seen for what they are, such individuals are called tolerant, understanding, loving, and all-embracing, while those who in love cry aloud ‘repent’ are deemed hateful and bigoted.

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article.

Anonymous said...

Great article.

Marcel Cousineau said...

We truly live in a land of confusion, Babel land where the truth has been outlawed and the wicked love their pathological liars who lead them. We are at the end stage of America's terminal illness and the only sure thing we can ciunt on now is God's promise, Psalm 9:17.
Those who serve the dragon of Revelation 12 and attack Israel and the Jews for their master do not serve God.

Anonymous said...

I am with you on this, Brother Michael! I am in shock at the churches who have/are softening their stance on this issue! You cannot serve two Gods, for one you will love and the other you will hate. How important to stay close to the Almighty, when I hear of the judgments coming (the warnings have been there! We have had plenty of time! God will do ALL HE said he would do in Deut 28 re: blessing & cursing! Anne Graham Lotz spoke well when she repeated her mother's words, if God doesn't judge America, He will have to apologize to Sodom & Gomorrah.

In contradiction to some teaching on leaving America and running away (which sounds lovely at this time!), it isn't a call I have heard for me. I pray to discern carefully! Jonah could not outrun God and neither can we!

Please keep up you posts, I seldom write, but I have multiple books you have written and listen to podcasts/videos you have created since I 1st heard about your grandfather, Dimitru! You are a faithful watchman! Praying for you & your family. (How is Victoria? What a blessing to be a parent, as well as concerns for them in this society of lunacy!
Terry

FionaB said...

Totally agree! I recently had a discussion with my neighbor about this very issue. She attends the local United Methodist church and I had asked her what they were saying about the Supreme Courts' upholding same-sex marriage. She forwarded me an email that her Bishop had sent around, as the issue had not been addressed from the pulpit the following Sunday service after the ruling had come down.

In the first paragraph they said their clerics will not perform same-sex marriages, but then went on to say in the subsequent paragraphs that the same self clerics may attend same-sex marriages, post an announcement regarding the marriage in their bulletins or announce it from the pulpit to the congregation. To me that was rather a discrepancy in their stance and I told her so. She rebutted that her church allows anyone to attend their services and preaches God's love to all, even those who are still sinners, and weren't we all sinners before we accepted Christ?

As I prayed about whether to continue this discussion, the Lord led me to I Cor. 6:7-20 which I felt I was to share with her and I did. These verses include where Paul gives a list of those who will not inherit the Kingdom of God..."idolators, adulterers, drunkards, men who sleep with men..." but he then goes on to say "and that is what some of you were but you were washed and sanctified in the name of Jesus". Paul was telling them that they cannot continue to live in their sin and expect to go to Heaven. He even went on to specifically say "Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, whoever sins sexually , sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit?"

Yes, we are to reach out to the lost just as Jesus did. He ate with prostitutes and tax collectors, the worst of the worst in his day, but he did not condone their behavior or lifestyle... he shared his love with them, how to become born again and and then told them not to continue in their sinful life.

We are so lukewarm when it comes to calling sin out for what it is that it is not surprising that it has come to this.

By the way, after I shared what I had read and my thoughts on the contrariness of what her church is saying, she agreed with me and said "what terrible times we live in." Yet, she will continue to attend this church. And we wonder why the Church has lost its saltiness and is no longer a light to the world.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!